Thursday, December 10, 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

The snow storm left us with about a foot of snow. Most of which needs to go somewhere....mostly, it is plowed away from roads..or into the centre of the road to create a snow traffic island. This shot is from the front of our apartment after the drive was plowed.

This shot is from our apartment - before the plowing. A really good reason to get a place with a garage when purchasing a home in Rochester.

On my walk to work I saw teams of workers clearing paths for pedestrians. This shot is taken from one of the many skyways we use to escape the cold. You can see another skyway connecting two buildings in the background of this pic.

Here's a shot from the peace plaza. Again taken on my lunch break. It shows you how much snow fell since my photo yesterday!


The gym closed early because of the weather but I managed to get a work out in and take this shot. This courtyard is great in summer but I guess it is closed for the season :)


I took some of this photo on my walk home from this gym this afternoon. We're both learning how to walk in the snow and doing OK so far. I'm not looking forward to the slippery ice that it will probably turn into in a few days.
Here's one of those makeshift traffic islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment