Sunday, October 4, 2009

Some food from this week

This week I made a return trip to the Rochester Farmers' Market. It is a small but well stocked market with quite a few stalls selling fresh fruits, herbs, & veg. There is also a pretty good range of meats; we now have Elk and Buffalo waiting to be cooked up.


I hadn't tried these grapes before but heard everyone raving about them. The weirdest thing about them is that they taste like grape flavouring. I always thought that artificial grape flavour was a bit of a stretch, it didn't really taste like grapes to me. Now I understand the inspiration for grape hubba bubba :)




This bread wasn't from the market but from a bakery (one of the few bakeries I've found) a few minutes drive from our place. This one is rosemary & garlic. Really nice but probably not too good for you - the levels of sugar and salt are noticeable!


No comments:

Post a Comment