Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The highs and lows of my diet so far...

Ah, nothing comforts an Australian girl like Penfolds :) This Merlot cost me $8. One of the 'highs' of the US cuisine, so far.




I made corn bread!! I'm not sure why but everything is about the milk maids here - Blue Bonnet is a margarine brand. A high because I'm conquering the local cuisine, but probably also a low given I ate them all by myself.



This is what I got when I ordered a tomato, onion, and mushroom omelet. A high for thrifty backpackers everywhere; a low for a girl who is trying to fit into a bridesmaid dress in June. This was the second meal in 12 hours that I couldn't finish...that never happens in Australia!



What a marvel! Vegemite in a tube! Although I swear it doesn't taste half as good (and that might be the weird sugary bread), it is still a high for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment